“Don’t want an abortion? Don’t have one.”
we just want you to buy and maintain the office, hire the personnel, and pay for the counseling that leads to the abortion with your tax dollars.
we want you to pay for our choice.
it’s not as simple as “don’t have one.”
Why not? I don’t support wars, but my tax money goes to the military. I don’t need a pacemaker, but my tax money goes to give old people health insurance.
Abortion is a legal medical procedure, and as such, there is no reason to block tax money from supporting it just because silly people don’t understand why it’s needed
things i think are funny:
1. she thinks i’m for universal healthcare and that i want to pay for anyone’s pacemaker.
2. she’s comparing an abortion to someone needing a pacemaker.
am i the only one that sees an issue with this?
3. she thinks that people should pay for abortions with their taxes because they’re “needed” when some girl falls off the barstool drunk with her legs open. seriously people, educate yourselves. birth control. condom.
you know what. nevermind. i’ve converted to pro-choice. maybe people will stop reproducing stupidity.
UHM. WHAT? “Stupidity”? You don’t even know what type of people get abortions. “When some girl falls off the barstool drunk with her legs open”?
1) That’s slut shaming and rape apologetic in the same sentence. 73% of women KNOW their assailant- it doesn’t happen at a bar by a stranger. It doesn’t matter if she’s drunk, if a woman cannot consent to sex it’s rape and saying that she doesn’t “need” an abortion after being violated is completely invalidating her experience. She may FEEL like she needs it in order to get control over her life again. Rape victims are three times more likely to suffer from depression, six times more like to suffer post-traumatic stress disorder, and four times more likely to contemplate suicide. When you have all these things happening to you from something you had no choice in, it’s important to have a choice about your body and your pregnancy.
2) The majority of women who seek abortions- 54%- were using some form of contraception that FAILED. Because as you know NO CONTRACEPTIVE IS 100% AFFECTIVE. Not even ABSTINENCE because there are things like sexual assault that get in the way of that.
3) About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children. And about 55% are/were in a COMMITTED cohabitation/married relationship (at least when they had their first child). Not to mention the reasons for getting abortions are varied and diverse: three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.
she thinks that people should pay for abortions with their taxes because they’re “needed”
Yes, some abortions are NEEDED. Let’s start with health reasons first; late term abortions in the U.S.- that’s an abortion past twenty weeks- account for a little over 1.5%. Late term abortions are WANTED pregnancies, they’re illegal in most cases UNLESS the fetus isn’t viable (it’s going to be born stillborn or die moments after birth) OR it’s endangering the mother’s health/well being/life. Some of these stillborn cases are even caught early on; why should a woman BE FORCED to go through nine months of gestation just to give birth to a baby that will die in her arms or be born dead?
Now let’s move on to financial reasons. Pregnancy is EXPENSIVE if you don’t have insurance, about 42.6 million Americans do not have health insurance. A NORMAL pregnancy (with no complications) usually cost about $16,000, this is with a normal vaginal delivery and MINIMAL parental care (if you want pain killers or any anesthesia during the delivery, or need an ambulance ride to the hospital the price goes up); if the mother needs a c-section the price jumps to $18,000. “Babies born to mothers who received no prenatal care are 3 times more likely to be born at low birth weight and 5 times more likely to die than those whose mothers received prenatal care” according to the Department of Health and Human Services. How does this relate to a woman needing an abortion? Well the MAJORITY of women who get abortions are poor! Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children). Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100-199% of the federal poverty level. Remember 61% of women obtaining have ONE OR MORE child, these statistics are for women without children; don’t forget she has to continue to pay for that baby once she has it! Even basic conveniences like disposable diapers cost mothers $200-$300 in the first year alone. Abortion is a one time cost of $800 AT MOST, and around $400 on average. When a poor women who can’t afford an abortion or a child but people- Government run insurance like Medicaid- are willing to help them pay for their pregnancy it normally doesn’t work out well either. So unless you plan on helping all these poor women through their thousand dollar pregnancies and then continue to help pay for an extra child they KNEW they couldn’t afford I suggest you back off on your idea of the word “need”.
Not to mention, we don’t “need” war, as the original responder said, but our tax dollars are still paying for that. I don’t need my county officials to be paid a higher salary than most of the people in my state, my tax dollars still go to that.
she’s comparing an abortion to someone needing a pacemaker. am i the only one that sees an issue with this
JUST like a pacemaker abortion has SAVED LIVES. When abortion was illegal an ESTIMATED 160 to 260 women died each year from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injure. That fetus you think is a person died with them, so double that number for your standards. Even if you want to talk about an abortion LITERALLY saving someone’s life it has, I posted the story above but I’ll post it again for you.
she thinks i’m for universal healthcare and that i want to pay for anyone’s pacemaker
Wait, wait. You’re “pro-life”, right? But you don’t care that around 45,000 people are dieing because they’re uninsured? Yeah, that’s really “pro-life” right there.
The original point is valid. If you don’t want an abortion, don’t have one. Educate yourself before you make an argument otherwise that “stupidity” line is valid all around, you dig?
Reblog for the epic smackdown.
- stinalotta likes this
- divabivalu likes this
- andnonefornonsensebye reblogged this from superasianhotsauce and added:
- scarletsand likes this
- physicaltherapistss reblogged this from theriotmag
- everythingburritos likes this
- tori-0 reblogged this from gnatchan and added:
- gnatchan reblogged this from metaphysicist and added:
- fliipsyde reblogged this from superasianhotsauce
- superasianhotsauce reblogged this from carrygan and added:
- carrygan reblogged this from metaphysicist and added:
- kellilovesyou likes this
- urbanrot likes this
- kroganknight likes this
- vaginacougar likes this
- wobwobwobwob reblogged this from allyourragingglory
- allyourragingglory reblogged this from dreadforks
- setdreadstostun likes this
- bubbybobble likes this
- high-onshakespearelines likes this
- thirdpersonnarrator likes this
- axolotlesque likes this
- mieshe likes this
- posiebones reblogged this from theriotmag and added:
- rakaizombie reblogged this from ixieglispet and added:
- ixieglispet reblogged this from theriotmag and added:
- notemily likes this
- claireskies likes this
- liminalis reblogged this from notmydaughteryoubitch and added:
- divergingkatake reblogged this from gerutha and added:
- uhouse reblogged this from lettersfromtheattic
- uhouse likes this
- hypotheticalisms likes this
- noelia-s likes this
- tangledd-up-in-blue likes this
- robotteaparty likes this
- thecupisaportkey likes this
- queen-atstormsend reblogged this from eachpieceofaprince
- thesmos reblogged this from tinydragongina and added:
- isabelfeye reblogged this from eachpieceofaprince and added:
- mcspellitout likes this
- eachpieceofaprince reblogged this from tinydragongina
- fuckmefeminist likes this
- frannyglassed likes this
- chisagi reblogged this from justjasper
- chisagi likes this
- whynotshesaid reblogged this from justjasper and added:
- puzzlie likes this
- nomi-malone likes this